Friday, April 10, 2015

Close up of the top, bottom right corner.  Used Golden Glass Bead Gel over Distress Inks, stamping, and a little Distress Paint.  Used the glass bead gel with my FAVORITE Tim Holtz stencil and various "guy bling". You can see the original inlaid label in the middle of the box top.


Had fun last weekend altering a nice wooden cigar box.  We visited Ybor City, Florida recently. John bought a few handmade cuban style cigars, and I picked up some quality, really interesting cigar boxes.  

  I didn't take before pictures but you can see some of the original wood around the gold text on the top and front of the box.  The original catch is on the front.

I used mainly Tim Holtz/Ranger products - I think a few of the embellishments are Paper Studio. Distress Ink, Stickles, paper tape, Ranger Perfect Pearls, Golden Glass Bead Gel, Close To My Heart embellishments, and some handmade paper that I've had for years (it reminded me of cigar paper)

I love it, but more important John loves it!  His usual response when I show him something I made....  "It's darling" he says.  So when I get a "Wow!!! That's cool!!! Thank you!!!", then I know it's perfect. :-)    

So please enjoy my pics!



Right side of the box.  Used the label (on left)  from the cigar John smoked at the cigar bar in Ybor City.  That was a most wonderful day.  Tim Holtz die over the handmade paper, with some Distress Stickles.


It was hard to get a good pic of the front, Either way too dark, or had a nasty glare from the light. The is a mix of Perfect Pearls dimensional paint ands tickles as a frame around the edge.  Stain under the random stickles spead thin.


Front of the box, the latch on top was on the box. 

Left side of the box.  Motorcycle stamped on acetate over an old book page. Tim Holtz paper tape, handmade paper, the triangular studs and the frame around the motorcycle are Close To My Heart.  I tried to leave at least some of the tongue and groove construction visible on each side.



I left the inside of the box alone, the cigars need the wood, I didn't want to cover or seal it at all. I did add a Tim Holtz word band inside the lid, closeup below.  John retired last year, and he has earned this time, so this was perfect!


Close up of the front left of the box.  It's a mish-mash of old book paper, paper tape, metal, perfect pearls dimensional paint (around/under the edge of the clockface), stain, and the tongue and groove design of the box. 
This was SO  much fun to play with!

No comments:

Post a Comment